EU Import Advice

11 Mar 2021

Do I need an EORI number to transport an artwork into/from outside the EU?

In the transport of artworks or cultural goods, businesses who are importing into Ireland from outside the EU will always need an EORI number. This is an identification number used in all customs procedures. As an individual importing artwork(s) from outside the EU, your PPS number will suffice.

If you are looking to import any artworks or heritage items from outside the EU, you will need to provide Maurice Ward Art Handling with your EORI number or PPS number.

Check out for more information on how you can obtain your EORI number. Having this information at the ready will facilitate any customs procedures for the safe and smooth transport of your cultural goods.

As a customs broker and transport provider to the cultural sector, Maurice Ward Art Handling deal with customs issues in relation to loans, touring exhibitions, permanent import and export of artworks. Please contact us directly for any queries at:


Newsletter Sign Up


First Name

Last Name