Requesting an Estimate?
7 Nov 2019
If you are looking to transport an artwork, exhibition or collection of artworks/objects, budgetary concerns are probably at the top of your list along with the safe and secure handling of your precious items.
On a daily basis, Maurice Ward Art Handling provides clients, old and new, with a breakdown of costs for all of our services:
– Local and international transport
– Short and long-term storage
– Installation/Deinstallation and condition reporting
– Packing and crating solutions
– Project management
– Customs clearance procedures
– Inventory and collection management
In order to provide an accurate estimate for every job we deliver, we need specific information from you. Clear and precise details from the beginning of an estimate request, will ensure we come back to you with a comprehensive value that meets your needs.
Here are a couple of tips on what to include in your email requests to our Fine Art Shipping Team at email@example.com:
1. What service(s) do you need? Transport, storage, packing etc.
2. What is the purpose of the request? Sale of work, exhibition abroad etc.
3. What is the address for collection and/or delivery location? Include full address and availability hours (if multiple locations list all); Are there any characteristics of the location we should be aware of (ie. restricted access, stairs, narrow doorways, lift, limited parking etc)?; Main contact details (name, phone number, email address etc.)
4. Any relevant dates we should know about? Include if object/artwork(s) need to be collected/delivered at a particular date or time
5. What are the main details for your request? For each artwork include: what it is – a painting (oil on canvas), photograph, marble sculpture, tapestry etc.; Make sure to mention if flatworks are framed or unframed; Dimensions & weight of each work, please list dimensions Length x Width x Height in cms and Weight in kilograms.
6. Does the work need to be crated or soft-wrapped? We can provide you with these costs and types of crates available. FYI any object/artwork that is to be shipped via air, will need to be crated
7. Do you need insurance or customs procedures? If so, include the value of each work, date of artwork and full artist name
As it is difficult to predict everything you might need, we are here to assist and provide solutions to your art handling needs. Please contact us via email with all details related to your estimate request or ring us at +353 1 840 9099 with any queries.